My Daily Foods
· Bananas--I eat one daily.
· Oatmeal--steelcut only.
· Hard-boiled eggs--they contain every amino acid your body needs.
· Free-range chicken breasts--add fresh rosemary, garlic cloves, a touch of olive oil and bake. (You can store them in the · refrigerator up to 3 days.)
· Almond butter and peanut butter—natural organic, and in moderation.
· Fresh orange--one daily.
· Bio K--I drink this with pure unsweetened pomegranate juice or cranberry juice first thing every morning before breakfast.
· Natural plain yogurt--sweetened with cinnamon.
· Raw walnuts, pecans, or almonds—a couple of handfuls daily.
· Spinach—daily. It helps protect the vision from macular degeneration.
· Baked potato—I bake ahead of time and store in the refrigerator, then slice and heat.
· Organic milk only.
· Dark chocolate. With at least 40 percent cocoa beans or solids, and non-alkalized or only lightly alkalized. About 100 calories daily.
· Strawberries. Organic.
· Café latte made with organic non-fat or low-fat milk
·Cinnamon. One-half teaspoon daily in oatmeal or yogurt, for example. May help lower blood glucose levels and lessen your risk of diabetes.
·Wheat germ. Can be added to oatmeal, yogurt or cottage cheese.